From the inventor of the NICU Soothie! The JollyPop was created with the same nipple shape, but is softer, lighter weight, and has a curve-shaped shield which is more comfortable for your baby.
- Same nipple shape as the NICU Soothie and most hospital bottle teats
- BPA-free, Latex-free, Phthalate-free, DEHP-free
- Made in USA
- 100% medical grade silicone
- One-piece construction – adheres to American Academy of Pediatrics Guidelines
- Allow more space under baby's nose to fit all CPAP and nasal cannulas
- Each JollyPop comes individually sealed in plastic, clean and ready to use.
- Smallest Nipple, similar to the purple Wee Soothies and a size down from the green NICU Soothies. If your baby has been using the green NICU Soothie you'll need the Newborn JollyPop.
- Fits the Keepsie pacifier cover
- Available in Teal only
- Larger Nipple (the same size as the NICU Soothie), for newborns without teeth
- Loop Handle which is easier for caregivers & babies to hold, and to attach a pacifier clip
- Available in Pink and Blue
WARNING: Do not tie the pacifier around baby's neck as it presents a strangulation hazard.
MULTIBUY: Get 2 or more JollyPops for $7 each!
Wash regularly in hot water with mild detergent; rinse before use.
Safe methods to sanitise: Place in boiling water for two minutes, allow to cool before use. Place in top rack of home dishwasher or home steriliser. All these methods are safe.
For your child’s safety:
CAUTION! Do not tie pacifier around baby’s neck as it presents a danger of strangulation.
In the event the pacifier becomes lodged in the mouth, DO NOT PANIC; it cannot be swallowed and is designed to cope with such an event. Remove from the mouth with care, as gently as possible.
Always use this product under adult supervision. Inspect carefully before each use, especially when baby has teeth. Pull pacifer in all directions. Ensure that there are no hairline cracks in the product. Throw away at first signs of damage or weakness.
It is up to parents to decide at what age their baby should stop using a pacifier. However, if your baby can fit the entire JollyPop in his or her mouth, discontinue use. If your baby's finger fits too tightly inside the nipple or gets stuck inside the nipple, discontinue use. JollyPop complies with USA Standard 16CFR 1511.
Commonly Asked Questions:
- When I order a JollyPop, is it ready for use without cleaning? Yes, packaged JollyPops are clean and ready to use.
- How many JollyPops do I need? Babies become accustomed to JollyPop pacifier and often refuse to switch to a different brand. We suggest you keep a few on hand in case some get lost.
- My baby got the Preemie size JollyPop in the NICU — can I use it at home? Yes, if your pediatrician or NICU caregiver recommends using the Preemie size at home. Most preemies should transition to the JollyPop Newborn for home use.
- What size is recommended for Preemies that are discharged to home? We recommend the JollyPop Newborn for Preemies discharged to home. The only difference is the Preemie JollyPop nipple size is smaller and the handle is a tab-style (not a loop).
- Can JollyPop be used by breastfeeding babies? JollyPop has a natural nipple shape that may help avoid “nipple confusion.” Many breastfeeding mums have written to tell us that the JollyPop nipple is good for breastfeeding babies and for babies that do not root well.
- What types of pacifiers are recommended? The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends using only pacifiers that are manufactured as one piece, which is how JollyPop is made.
- What is the difference between JollyPop Newborn and Plus+? Plus+ nipple is made of more durable silicone to last longer when babies are beginning to teethe. Both Newborn and Plus+ have nubs on the handle. The JollyPop nipple is not designed for teething. JollyPop is for babies without teeth.
- When my baby is starting to teethe is it ok to continue using JollyPop? JollyPop is for babies without teeth. When babies begin to teethe but have no teeth yet, we recommend you offer the Plus+ and a teether. The Plus+ nipple is made of more durable silicone. Pacifiers are not designed to endure the wear and tear of baby teeth. If your baby has teeth and continues to use JollyPop, check the pacifier for signs of wear due to chewing before each use. If there are any tears, especially in the nipple area, discard the pacifier and discontinue use or introduce a teether.
- What safety requirements does the JollyPop pacifier meet? Pacifiers are regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, an agency of the U.S. government. JollyPop passes all USA required safety tests; Consumer Product Safety Commission 16CFR 1511.
- Can JollyPop pacifiers be sanitized in hospital autoclave sterilizers? Yes. The JollyPop structural and performance characteristics are not affected by a single autoclave sterilization. Suggested settings: 12 to 20 minutes at 121C. We do not know the effects of repeated sterilization and repeated sterilizations are not recommended.
- How long can a pacifier be used? We recommend replacing JollyPop after 3 months of use for safety and hygiene reasons. The pacifier should be replaced even earlier if it is damaged in any way.
- Can I attach a pacifier clip to JollyPop? You can safely attach a pacifier clip to the loop-shaped handle of the Newborn and Plus+. NEVER attach anything to the rim of a pacifier or block the pacifier holes. All approved pacifiers have these holes. If your baby swallows a pacifier, the holes ensure your baby can breathe until you get medical help.